Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) has always been present in sport if not under such an institutionalized label. Such issues as having –
• First Aid available at sporting fixtures
• Qualified and accredited coaches to conduct athlete training
• Similarly qualified officials to adjudicate contests
• Increasing regulatory controls around concussion and injury management during games
• Professionally structured fitness training & recovery for athletes
• Increased monitoring for professional athletes around nutrition, recovery, supplement ingestion and so on
This particular case by Work Safe Victoria against the Essendon Football Club suggests even more stringent controls and monitoring will be part and parcel of sport.
Please give us your thought and comments below!
FREE 3 Part Video Series…
Learn with John – How to succeed in creating a High Performance Team Now!!!! Get it FREE Now